Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My oh my, all that pie


hellogoodpie

This afternoon I went to the new (and first) food hall in Oslo (Mathallen) with my mother. I've been wanting to go for some time now. The hall was much smaller than I expected, and the set up was more based on stores than stands. The food one could buy was nevertheless simply wonderful. We went home with for pastrami, stirred cranberries, bread with fruit and nuts and quail eggs in hand.

Of course, as the photograph reveals, we also went to this one little pie shop (Norway's first, I think) called Hello Good Pie. Such a good name for a pie shop. This shop is one of the main reasons I've been wanting to visit the food hall. We bought three flavors; lemon meringue, chocolate peanut and pecan. Mmm. I can't wait to have all this for dessert in a bit.

No comments: